Considerations on Love
1. Love is constant, undisturbed by shifting circumstances.
2. Love accepts our “crazy” places, warts, foibles, and secrets.
3. Love embraces light and shadow as the original dynamic duo.
4. Love’s compassion serves others, but it doesn’t bind them.
5. Love is authentic: all feelings, pain as well as joy, are real.
6. Love is a healing mist penetrating every molecule of life.
7. Love aspires to be harmless in thought, word or action.
8. Love has reverence for life no matter what form it takes.
9. Love assists, but it doesn’t rescue or steal lessons from us.
10. Love is grateful for all experiences no matter what they bring.
11. Love forgives even when it must discipline or say good-bye.
12. Love is poised in chaos, centered, peaceful, remembering.
By Gloria Karpinski
From her book